Do you like quick and healthy meals for your family?
Good, good. Me, too! I am back today with yet another delicious, simple and healthy recipe for your kids with Produce for Kids! Now that I have a one-year old, food has become even more important in our house. We are not only feeding ourselves, but our little girl, too. We definitely are an 80/20 household, where we try to eat healthy and nutritious 80% of the time and cheat about 20% of the time, mostly on the weekends. This is important to teach our little girl, too!
PFK does just that, they help teach families how to cook healthy, nutritious and delicious meals and snacks that the whole family will love WHILE raising much needed funds for amazing programs like Jump with Jill. PFK has teamed up with Meijer to bring Jump with Jill, a rock & roll nutrition show, to local schools from September 4 to October 1. All you have to do is shop at your local Meijer and purchase the the brands that are supporting the Jump with Jill program. Below is the list of sponsors…I have to say, I purchase these products all the time on a weekly basis – I love know that I’m supporting a great cause when I purchase the brands below! Remember, shop between September 1 – October 1!
To make it EVEN easier, PFK has come up with a ton of delicious recipes made with the sponsored products so you don’t have to come up or search for recipes to make with the products – super easy! To get a list of these recipes, you can visit the PFK website. I decided to share the 30-Minute Veggie Tortellini Soup today because it definitely fits my families taste buds! It’s ready in no time at all, is healthy, hearty and SO good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cans (48 oz) low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 head escarole, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Pero Family Farms® snipped green beans
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 package dry tortellini
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, onion and carrots. Cook 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes, escarole, green beans and corn. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Reduce heat and simmer 9-10 minutes, or until tortellini is cooked. Top with 1½ tsp. cheese.
Recipe from Produce for Kids