I loooooooooove this salad.
This recipe was inspired by a watermelon salad that my friend Shannon and I inhaled at the Fish Bar in Chicago. It was the perfect start to our meal, light and fresh with a ton of flavor. I used cantaloupe instead of watermelon and I am so glad that I did. Don’t get my wrong, the watermelon was delicious, but the cantaloupe brought a little more flavor and substance to the salad.
Did I mention how easy this salad is easy to make? Arugula, cantaloupe, feta cheese, olive oil, pepper and balsamic vinegar….not too bad right? The peppery arugula with the salty feta, sweet cantaloupe and tangy balsamic glaze is really an interesting yet flavorful combination. Add grilled chicken and you have the perfect lunch salad.
This salad kind of reminds me of Maui….siiiiigh…..
- Cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- Feta cheese, crumbled or diced
- Drizzle of olive oil
- ¼ – ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Pepper (as much or as little as you want)
- Prepare all salad ingredients and toss in a bowl with olive oil and pepper.
- To make balsamic glaze, add balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until vinegar coats bottom of the pan. Take off heat and pour into a small bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over salad.
Source: Stuck on Sweet