The easiest, yet most delicious filet you will ever eat.
I can’t even with this steak recipe! Filet Mignon is my favorite cut of meat. It’s also expensive, but in this case, we don’t care about that. We are talking about how easy it is to make a delicious filet dinner at home.
If you were to go out to dinner and get this meal, it would cost twice as much so it’s actually considered cheap for this particular dish. Yay!
It doesn’t get any easier to make this filet. Simply drizzle some olive oil on it, salt and pepper it and then it wrap it in a good, thick-cut piece of bacon. I grilled these bad boys for 5-7 minutes on both sides over medium-high. For a more well-done steak, add a minute or two.
I also made sure I bought GOOD steaks. Costco has great filets – you can buy the package and freeze them. Or you can go to your local butcher and get the best cut they have.
Remember – it’s still cheaper than going out to dinner!
Plus…I sprinkled some crumbled blue cheese on top – the salty and tangy blue cheese goes SO well with the sweet basil cherry sauce, which is amazing with the salty smoky steak.
Talk about FLAVOR.
I roasted up some brussels sprouts and potatoes to go with the meal – I kept these super simple…olive oil, salt and pepper because again, I didn’t want to overwhelm the dish with too many flavors.
I mean look how gorgeous.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2, 6 ounce filet mignons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Blue cheese crumbled
- Two slices Farmland Smoked Bacon
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- ¼ cup water
- Fresh basil leaves
- To prepare the cherry sauce, add cherries to a small sauce pan with ¼ cup of water. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low for about 3 minutes.
- Next, mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch with two tablespoons of water. Add to the simmering cherries and stir. Continue to simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil; set aside.
- To prepare filets, start grill and bring to high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over filets and season with pepper and a little salt. Careful not to over season with salt. Next, wrap each filet with Farmland Smoked Bacon and seal with a toothpick.
- Grill filets for about 5 minutes on each side depending on thickness for medium rare. Remove and sprinkle with blue cheese. Gently tent foil over top of filets and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving with cherry sauce. Enjoy.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Farmland. All opinions and ideas are 100% my own.