These Blueberry Coconut Muffins…
Are seriously one of my favorite recipes yet. Not even kidding here. I’ve been purchasing big plump blueberries the last few weeks for my oatmeal in the morning. I’m really into berries right now – strawberries too. Love snacking on them. They’re deep red and super sweet right now. Are they even in season? Wherever they’re coming from, they’re awesome right now.
So I want berry everything for some reason. Maybe because I can’t stand Winter anymore and I am dying for Spring…fruit? Spring? They go together right?
Anyone else have a 349843 inches of snow? It was pretty for about 4 seconds and now it’s slushy and muddy and the weather is cold and dreary and downright depressing. My UGG boots are ruined and I can’t get into my car without my winter jacket somehow rubbing against it and getting dusty.
Go away Winter.
And heeelllloooo Blueberry Coconut Muffins. They’re just so pretty – I want to frame these and put them up in my house somewhere. The color of the blueberries are killing me. I want everything to be deep dark purple just because of these muffins. These are so not Winter…they’re SO 70 degree weather.
And they have a streusel buttery crumb topping. Yes. YEs. and YES.
I’m calling these Blueberry COCONUT muffins because I used coconut milk in them. Now the coconut flavor isn’t slapping you in the face or anything but it’s there…slightly…just enough to make these blueberry muffins extra amazing. Go ahead and add some shredded coconut in there if you would like…I’m not going to hold you back.
Whenever I bake, I almost always give away any leftovers otherwise Vin and I would turn into blueberry muffins. These muffins were an exception. I brought just ONE to work for my boss and then the rest went right into our bellies. We couldn’t control ourselves. I came home from work one day and the first thing Vin said to me was “I just ate two muffins.” Like he was confessing or something. I responded “They’re pretty good. huh?” Then we laughed.
And then we ate the rest of them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus a little more for blueberries
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with muffin liners; set aside
- In a large bowl sift together the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, baking, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour into dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula just until combined, do no over mix.
- Next, wash blueberries and do not dry. Put them in a small bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of flour until thoroughly coated.
- Add blueberries and granulated sugar to the batter and gently mix until just combined. Batter will be thick and a little sticky.
- Mix the crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl with a fork or your hands until course crumbs form.
- Fill each muffin liner to the top with batter, sprinkle with crumb topping, then bake for 25 minutes.