How are your mornings?
Do you gradually wake up to the chirping birds, slowly walk down your stairs and make a hot cup of coffee, then curl up on your cozy couch and watch the news for an hour, then decide to make yourself a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes?
I totally do this every morning…I’m so lucky.
I’m totally kidding…totally kidding.
Some day my friends…some day.
Since I had Miss Raya, I usually get up whenever she does! I also go to bed when she does so I get as much sleep as I can. I am one lucky mama because she sleeps pretty darn well for 3 months…but my mornings usually consist of hearing for her morning grunts then quickly running down stairs to make coffee – because if I don’t, then I won’t have a cup for at least an hour and 45 minutes after waking up is when the caffeine headache starts to kick in so…coffee is first thing. Then our day starts, which consists of nursing, diaper changing, snuggling, crying, pooping, nursing some more….you know the usual.
There is no time for a hearty homemade breakfast (unless I get up an hour before she does – not interested in that yet), but there is time for Brown Sugar Raisin Muffins with Pumpkin Granola Crumble!!
Because they’re already made and sitting on your counter patiently waiting for you – breakfast now only consists of making coffee and grabbing one (or two) of these healthier muffins. At least you get to have a little something before noon (that comment is for the mamas with young kiddos. How do we survive?!?)
These muffins are not only for busy moms and dads – for those of your racing to work or to the gym, these are for you too. 🙂
Point is…mornings don’t offer us much time. These muffins are a healthy way to start your day off RIGHT.
And fast. I might add.
What makes these “healthier” you ask? I used coconut oil, low-fat milk, and low-fat yogurt to bring these muffins together. Forget the butter or vegetable oil. I did use all-purpose flour, but wheat flour could totally be substituted. There is a little brown sugar in them…but come on…this blog is called Stuck On SWEET for a reason.
Anyway…healthier muffins for your busy mornings!!
Did I ramble?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed (plus a little more for crumble)
- 1 cup Stonyfield Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ plus ⅛ cup low-fat milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola (for crumble)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and brown sugar with a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, low-fat milk, and melted coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix with a spatula until incorporated (careful to not over mix) then fold in the raisins.
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full and sprinkle with granola and brown sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes (mine baked for 20 minutes) until edges are lightly brown.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club. I received products and coupons to write this post, however all opinions are my own! xoxo!