I just can’t get enough.
Chewy chocolate cookies are seriously the death of me…well all cookies are, but lately, chocolate has me wrapped around its chewy chocolatey little finger. See, this is the problem….having a sweet tooth and not being a picky eater. One day, I love all things strawberry and the next I want chocolate and caramel. What gives? Seriously, it’s so hard… 😉
I had two recipe fails last week. Not one, but two. Ya know, it’s frustrating, but I learn a ton when things don’t always turn out right, and I never make the same mistakes twice…or I shouldn’t make the same mistakes twice. Anyway though…these Chocolate Rolo Cookies are definitely not a fail. I must say, these are reeeeeaaally good. Like I’m kind of mad I brought them to work and didn’t leave them at home to munch on kind of good. That is my sweet tooth devil talking, not the real me, sometimes she can be selfish.
Rolos! Gosh they’re addicting, aren’t they? They are great to bake with, too. I tried making something sort of similar with caramel cadbury eggs and it just didn’t work out. The caramel literally melted through the entire cookie leaving absolutely no chunks and turning the cookie burnt brown. Yes, it’s a color. Rolos don’t do that – they hold up really well.
To achieve the right amount of caramel in each cookie, I quartered about 1/4 of the bag of rolos then topped each cookie with 3-4 chunks before I baked as well as mixed them into the cookie dough.
Did that make any sense? Just make sure you not only mix the rolos into the dough but top each cookie with some chunks, too!
Just don’t share these though. They’re too good. Keep them all for yourself!
There are affiliate links in this blog post. Any money made from my partnership with Amazon goes back into Stuck on Sweet.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini. You don't have to use them but it's a nice touch)
- 1 bag rolos (cut rolos in half)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- In a bowl mix flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- In a stand alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time until incorporated. Lastly mix in chocolate chips and rolos.
- Measure about 1-2 tablespoons of dough and drop on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.