Hello Friends! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I sure did. I spent the weekend in Columbus with some of my besties. We had a grand time drinking way too much wine, eating amazing food, and laughing. I will definitely be posting about our adventures soon so stay tuned. Until then, you can follow me on instagram, just search “stuckonsweet” for all of the photos I took.
Ok so now let’s talk about this cookie right here. I hope you are a chocolate lover…
Just the other day I was craving a chocolate cookie. Not a chocolate chip cookie or an oatmeal raison chocolate chip cookie, but a cookie that was entirely made of chocolate so I tweeted about it as if that would curve my craving or something. It obviously didn’t work.
The cookies turned out wonderful – very chocolately with almost a brownie like center…just what I wanted! The dough was even better. I had one too many spoonfuls but oh well, life’s short so eat
cookies double chocolate chip cookie dough batter.
The best part of the cookie – the gooey chocolatey center!
Enjoy these with a cold glass of milk…you’re gonna need it!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ sticks butter, melted
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat together until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, scraping down the side of bowl as needed.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients on low-speed just until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips with spoon or spatula.
- Measure 11/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet a few inches apart. Bake 12-14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Stuck on Sweet