It’s January 5th which means…
everyone is eating healthy! Because of this, I have decided to share a few healthy recipes to start the new year off right. Today is a…Green Power Smoothie! We drink a ton of smoothies in our house because our little one loves them. It’s such an easy way to sneak vegetables into her diet.
Raya is actually not too bad. She will eat what we give her, buuuut she is starting to get a little picky (eye roll). So we make smoothies to make sure she gets what she needs to grow healthy.
Plus it keeps me away from the bagels in the morning…instead I share a smoothie with her.
If you have trouble getting your kids to drink smoothies, try getting them involved. Raya thinks the blender is hilarious which helps her get excited about smoothies. Also, start them young! Raya started drinking smoothies around 12 months. If they can’t use a straw, spoon feed it them. I don’t know why they wouldn’t love it, especially this one!
This smoothie is packed full of all the green goods…spinach, apple, kiwi, avocado, spinach and a banana for sweetness. I keep it simple around here when it comes to smoothies. I don’t get too crazy with ingredients, but you could add a ton more to this smoothie if you want…a cucumber would be a nice touch for example.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest – just click the image below!
- Handful of fresh spinach (more if you would like)
- half of an avocado, skin removed
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- 1 green apple, cut into chunks (preferably frozen)
- 1 kiwi, skin removed (preferably frozen)
- 1-2 tablespoon chia seeds (I used 1 tablespoon)
- ¾ cup coconut water (or your favorite juice)
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.