Peanut Butter is where it’s at.
Do you agree? I’ve always liked peanut butter, but I REALLY like peanut butter right now. I eat it every day, whether it’s on toast, bananas, or just a spoonful. OR! OR! OR! A spoonful with chocolate chips…a quick, easy, somewhat healthy satisfying sweet craving.
You gotta try it!
Or you can just make these Peanut Butter Cookies…because they will totally satisfy any sweet craving. I took the classic peanut butter cookie approach to this recipe. It’s nothing too fancy, just a simple peanut butter cookie that’s chewy, slightly crumbly, and totally peanut buttery. I love the classic stuff and so do most people.
Keep it simple people!
Oh and the dough? Try a spoonful of that!
I made these and brought them to work like I do with most of my sweet treats and they were gone within a day. I also got two compliments so I know they were blog worthy. When in doubt…share your treats with co-workers or neighbors…they will let you know whether they’re good or not. If you receive a compliment…they were good and if they just say thank you…not so good.
I’m making an assumption here, I know, but more often than not that is how I absolutely know if I hit a home run or not.
I’m my own worst critic so sometimes it’s hard for me to absolutely feel comfortable with a recipe based on my own taste preferences and opinions. Vin’s pretty darn good, but there are just some things that he doesn’t quite like…like dark chocolate and such.
You know what I love about peanut butter cookies? The crunchy sugar coating! I love love love cookies rolled in sugar. It make them so pretty and extra sweet.
We like sweet over here.
So do you like peanut butter or what?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe onto your Pinterest board by clicking the image below!
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 packed cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a stand-alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (can use hand held too), cream together butter, brown sugar and ½ cup granulated sugar.
- Next add vanilla and eggs one at a time, again scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Lastly mix in peanut butter.
- With the mixer on low-speed, gradually add the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Measure 1½ tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball then roll into ¼ cup of granulated sugar. Use a fork or the bottom of a glass to gently flatten the cookies. If you don't flatten the cookies before you bake they won't spread out and will be puffy. However, they taste the same! Bake for 9-11 minutes.