I know it’s not Fall anymore, but I am sharing these anyway.
Pumpkin Bars are a traditional fall favorite, but they are too good to only make a few months out of the year…at least for us midwest people. Not only do they taste amazing, but they are super easy to make! Let’s check it out!
Start out by measuring out your dry ingredients and mixing them in a bowl. Then add all your wet ingredients into your mixing bowl.
Now that you have all your ingredients measured out, stir the wet ingredients until smooth.
Now add your dry ingredients and vuala! Your batter is done and ready to be poured into a 9X13 pan.
While the pumpkin bars are baking, you can make the cream cheese frosting. So simple and easy. Make sure the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature. Beat them together until smooth. Add powdered sugar until thoroughly mixed and then finish it will vanilla. I could eat this frosting with a spoon it’s so good!
So thick and fluffy yet dense at the same time. These delicious sweet treats have just the right amount of pumpkin without being too overwhelming. You can see the little specks of cinnamon – it adds just the right amount of warmth for this comforting dessert.
- 4 eggs
- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Cut into bars.
- Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
adapted from www.pauladean.com