I can’t talk to you all summer without talking about potato salad.
Rosemary Garlic Potato Salad WITH Crumbled Blue Cheese to be exact. I know right? Yum!
I love traditional potato salad. I love all potato salad. What’s not to love? Potatoes, sometimes boiled eggs, mayonnaise or sour cream, salt, pepper, and maybe some green onion or chives. Simple and good. My grandma made a mean potato salad – it was yellow because she put a ton of hard boiled eggs in it. It liked it. I liked it a lot.
I have a rosemary plant growing on my little deck and I needed to use some of it and potato salad came to mind. Then I got to thinking how can I make it a wee bit different? Then a big block of creamy blue cheese popped into my head. Garlic popped in there too, but I put garlic in everything so that didn’t seem too out of the box for me.
I “lightened” it up with some fresh squeezed lemon juice, celery, parsley, and green onions. But then I crumbled creamy blue cheese on top…and that just took it to the next level. The blue cheese is optional, but if you like it. DO IT. It’s.so.good. Creamy, tangy, and salty – it pairs well with the freshness of the herbs and the crunch of the celery.
So this would also be a great dish to bring to your 4th of July partaaaaay. Make it the night before and stick in the fridge. Bada bing, bada boom.
You can also add some bacon if you want…or some hard boiled eggs…or both. Ok, I will stop.
- 8 red potatoes, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large twig rosemary, leaved removed and chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Place diced potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes, turn potatoes over, and roast for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise,lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the rest of ingredients except for the blue cheese, and gently mix. Top with crumbled blue cheese.