This is not your typical caesar salad.
But sometimes it’s nice to switch things up, ya know? Spice things up a bit like roasting chickpeas and capers and adding them to your salad. Yes…you need to roast capers…it’s the most amazing thing ever. Roasting chickpeas is not unheard of – very healthy and a great crunchy snack but roasting capers is not so typical, but it totally should be. They turn into the tiniest yet most powerful bites of the salad.
Instead of chicken, top your caesar salad with roasted lemon salad then lastly add a little avocado because avocado is good in every salad. Other than those ingredients, you have your typical stuff like parmesan cheese, croutons and maybe some tomatoes.
I topped with parsley for fun, but it’s not necessary.
I like to make a salad once a week to keep things simple and healthy at our house. Other nights include, pasta, maybe steak or soup. Adding a salad to your weekly menu ensures you’re getting nutrients and it feels nice to have something a little lighter.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2, 6 ounce salmon filets
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1, 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed and patted dry with towel
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and dried with towel
- Croutons (optional)
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Caesar dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two rimmed baked sheets with parchment paper. Place salmon filets on one baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake salmon for 15 minutes then turn on broiler and broil for 5 minutes or until top of browned. Remove and drizzle with fresh lemon juice and set aside.
- On the other baking sheet add chickpeas and capers. Drizzle with olive and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Prepare salad - chop up romaine, slice tomatoes, slice avocado then toss all ingredients together - chickpeas, capers, parmesan cheese, croutons and salmon and then dress with caesar dressing. Enjoy!