I am SO ready for Fall.
The food…Fall food is where it’s at my friends. It’s cozy, warm, cinnamony, pumpkiny, fresh, so so seasonal and just down right delicious. I love making soups, pumpkin everything, chili, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pasta…you know…all the carbs and anything WARM.
Chicken Noodle Soup is obviously the most popular soup out there. I decided to bring out the slow cooker because the cooler months definitely call on it to help create delicious cozy recipes, like this soup, or chicken chili or short ribs or or or! You can make so much in the slow cooker…I freaking love it.
So, I wanted to create a recipe that Raya and I could munch on throughout the week that was healthy and easy. Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is just that…healthy and easy. It’s quite tasty, too!
Raya absolutely loved the noodles and carrots…picked out every.single.carrot. That makes for one happy mama because I know she’s eating flavorful, healthy food created by me!
So let’s get to the nitty gritty…add chicken breasts, chicken stock, some spices, carrots, onions and celery to your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours or so. Then add the noodles and turn on high for 10 whopping minutes. It’s done! Flavor it up with some parsley and of course…parmesan cheese and that’s it.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2, 32 ounce containers chicken stock
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 garlic cloves)
- 1½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 6 ounces egg noodles (I used whole wheat)
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (grated or shaved)
- Place all of the ingredients into your slow cooker except lemon juice, parsley, egg noodles and parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Add egg noodles to the slow cooker and turn on high and cook for 10 minutes. Add shredded chicken back into the slow cooker along with the lemon juice and parsley and stir. Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy!