A simple and delicious dip for your Cinco de Mayo party! Zesty Refried Bean Cheese Dip is made with only 6 simple ingredients and has so much flavor – adding a packet of taco seasoning makes this dip extra zesty and tasty! And I can’t forge to mention it’s faaaantastic with a cold beer, too!
Beer is a must on Cinco de Mayo.
Ya know what else is a must? A cheesy bean dip. Chips and dip are where it’s at on Cinco de Mayo…or for any celebration really. we LOVE dips around my house so I decided to whip up a simple yet flavorful dip that is perfect with a crunchy tortilla chip, like my favorite from Food Should Taste Good!
Anyone can make this dip…it’s that easy. What makes it extra delicious is taco seasoning and of course sliced jalapeños. Do you like spice? We like a little spice around here and the jalapeños are the perfect addition to this creamy and cheesy dip. Vin was specifically grabbing cheesy bites of jalapeño which is unlike him because he typically strays away from spice.
I guess it was that good!
I served this dip with Food Should Taste Good Cantina Tortilla Chip. I love these chips..honestly they’re so good. They are salty yellow corn tortilla chips and they pair so well with this zesty dip. The chips are non-GMO (yes!), certified Kosher and certified gluten-free so anyone can munch on them. Not only are the chips great with this dip, but they come in several different flavors that are fun to snack on when you’re craving something crunchy.
Hopefully you have warm weather on May 5th because a frosty cold beer pairs so well this recipe. I would recommend Modelo (my favorite!), Bud light with a squeeze of lime or Corona because they’re crisp, smooth and taste amazing with zesty Mexican flavors. I love to add limes to my beer to give it that extra punch of flavor – limes are also a must on Cinco de Mayo!
Disclaimer: Food Should Taste Good sponsored this post. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting Stuck On Sweet! xoxo.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe by clicking the image below!
- 1 15 ounce can refried black beans
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 15.5 ounce jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Chihuaha. A Mexican cheese blend, cheddar, or pepper jack would be good too)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 bag Food Should Taste Good Cantina Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add refried beans and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 45 seconds or until warm enough to stir together.
- Add taco seasoning to the bowl and mix.
- Spread bean mixture into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish then top with salsa, shredded cheese and jalapeño slices. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, and serve with Food Should Taste Good Cantina Tortilla Chips.