I am so into bread lately.
Anyway…bread with butter and jam is literally, my JAM. Gimme every morning with coffee and I am one happy momma.
We all know how popular zucchini is right now. The first produce I see when I enter my grocery store is none other than, you got it, zucchini! It’s so good right now. I love zucchini raw, cooked, in salads, in pastas, and even in breads.
Zucchini bread! Yep, it’s a thing. Just like carrots, zucchini make delicious dessert breads, cakes, cupcakes, and even cookies.
Because I am so into bread lately, I decided, well, to make a bread! Although, a cinnamon zucchini cookie also sounds pretty amazing now that I’m thinking…
I’m getting off topic! Back to the bread…it’s pretty much everything you want for breakfast. I made two loafs and they’re gone. Family was over twice (Thank God), and enjoyed a piece or two, otherwise both of those loafs would be in my belly.
I LOVE to put jam on mine, but it’s delicious without it. It’s awesome with coffee or as a snack.
You might ask…is this banana bread, too? I guess so! I decided to slice up some bananas and put on top for pretty and to use up the browning bananas that were sitting on my counter. It’s not necessary to add the banana, but if you have them lying around, do it. They add an additional layer of flavor and sweetness to this already delicious bread!
If you look closely, you can see the specks of green zucchini in there. The zucchini keeps this bread extra moist. Don’t worry, it doesn’t necessarily taste like zucchini but again adds moisture and texture to the bread.
So hurry and make this recipe while zucchini is hot right now! It’s cheap and it’s everywhere. You can totally bake, cool, then freeze these for a rainy day, too!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2¼ cups + 1 tablespoon sugar (tablespoon for sprinkling on top)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease and flour two bread pans; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together, eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir with a spatula until almost combined. Batter will be sticky and thick.
- Next, add grated zucchini and continue to stir until combined.
- Layer sliced banana on top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top looks like it's burning, but the center is still not baked through, tent foil over top and continue to bake.
Recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes