I could eat all the cookies in the world.
If they’re chocolate chip. Well…I take that back. Cookies are my thang, one of my favorite sweet indulgences and one of my very favorite desserts to make. So yes. I could eat all the cookies in the world.
What’s your favorite sweet treat?
Chocolate chip cookies are easily my favorite, which is why I am so ecstatic about this bakery style chocolate chip cookie recipe!
These are one of my best cookie recipes ever and I have made quite a few!
The BEST! Why? Because they are the perfect size – on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the smallest cookie and 10 be the largest, they’re like a 6 or 7. Not too big but definitely not too small (who wants a small cookie anyway?) They’re crispy on the outside and incredibly chewy and delicious on the inside. The perfect combo for any cookie, right?
And they bake up beautifully – they don’t get flat or stay in a clump, they spread nicely and, and are perfectly chewy.
Ugh, I love these!!
See? I mean check.these.out. I did put the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so. I typically chill all of my cookie dough recipes as I find they bake up much nicer that way.
Plus. Chilled cookie dough? Yes please!
Now, if you like a crispier cookie, you could bake these a little longer than I did. I am a sucker for gooey soft cookies so I kept mine just slightly browned on the edges.
Oh what a beautiful a thing. Look at all those chocolate chips! They create mounds of delicious gooey chocolate and give the cookies that bakery style look.
I have to mention – these are amazing warm, with ice cream and FROZEN. Yes, I put some in the freezer and munch on them at night.
Those are the best nights ever.
You HAVE to make these. Please!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour (add an additional ¼ - ½ cup for a fluffier cookie)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (can use hand held too), cream together butter and granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time and mix, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Mixture may look lumpy.
- With the mixer on low-speed, slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients and mix just until dough comes together, it may be a little crumbly which is totally fine! You do not want to over mix the dough, otherwise the cookies can flatten when baked.
- Lastly, mix in chocolate chips. Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes - 1 hour to firm up. Dough will be pretty firm already, but I find that cooled dough bakes better. If the dough is too warm or sticky, the cookies may flatten out.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet. Mine were about 3-4 tablespoons each.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes (baking time will depend on oven) until edges are golden. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes than transfer to cooling rack.