These slow cooker Barbecue Pork Tacos with Honey Mustard Slaw are deeelicious and a great weeknight or game day meal. Ya know…Super Bowl is in like 12 days!
Buuuuuut it’s a totally different meal! So there you have it. One recipe for pork can turn into several different meals like these Pulled Pork Sliders with Garlic Aioli or these Pork Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce.
So put this pork recipe in your back pocket. For sure.
So we love us some tacos in our house. But who doesn’t, right? I love that tacos can take on tons of different flavors. I love Mexican food and those traditional Mexican flavors, of lime, a little spice, cilantro, cheese…you know a traditional taco. What do you like?
It’s fun to experiment with flavors…I decided to go the barbecue route with these tacos today. Instead of making a traditional slaw, I decided to make honey mustard slaw because we LOVE honey mustard in our house. This is us at restaurants “Excuse me. Ma’am, when you have a moment, can I get a side of honey mustard? Great, thank you!”
We love everything…ugh it’s a problem.
These are made in the slow cooker so they come together in a flash! The pork cooks for 8 hours…all you have to do is shred it and mix it with some bbq sauce, then warm up some tortillas and make the slaw. This dinner pretty much comes together in 20 minutes or so, but it tastes like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen.
Super Bowl is right around the corner. Who are you rooting for? I could care less…I just want to eat food.
I am thinking these Barbecue Pork Tacos would be quite the hit for the big game.
Juuuuuust a thought.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1 3-5 pound bone in or boneless pork roast
- Garlic powder
- Your favorite barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 bag corn tortillas
- Chihuahua cheese
- 1 bag slaw mix
- 4 tablespoons dijon Mustard
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon salt
- a few pinches back pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red onion
- green onion
- Generously season the pork shoulder with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and rub pork shoulder with your favorite barbecue sauce (I used a pastry brush to help me do this). Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Once cooked, remove pork shoulder and slightly shred - discard any fatty parts. Careful no to shred the pork too much - you want nice chunks of pork in your tacos. Add about ½ cup to 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce depending on how big your pork shoulder was.
- To make the slaw, whisk the mayo, dijon, honey, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the slaw to the honey mustard dressing and mix.
- To prepare tacos, place a skillet over medium heat. Add one corn tortilla to the skillet then place a handful of cheese on top of it, then place another corn tortilla on top of the cheese so the tortillas are "glued" together with cheese. Warm through for about a minute or two then flip and warm through on the other side. Add pork to the tortillas then top with slaw and any additional toppings as you wish.