I am so in love with this Summer pasta dish – Fresh Bruschetta Pasta with Buttery Shrimp is light yet flavorful and ready in 20 minutes. A fresh bruschetta sauce of tomatoes, basil, olive oil, onions, garlic and cheese is mixed together and tossed with warm pasta and buttery shrimp. This is a wonderful recipe for date night or to feed a crowd!
Hello beautiful. Can this dish be any prettier? Maybe because it’s a bowl of pasta and any pasta is beautiful to me – my favorite meal!!
This is the freshest pasta dish you will make – there’s no real “cooking” involved except for sautéing some shrimp which takes a whopping 3 minutes. The real star of the show in this recipe is the bruschetta sauce.
This stuff is down right amazing – slather it on some crusty bread, put it on sandwich, on top of grilled chicken, fish or eat with a spoon (like my 4-year-old did!).
When I was researching recipes to try, I was surprised by this “no cook” sauce. I had to try it because of its simplicity. Add all of the ingredients into a food processor, pulse a few times and POOF. DONE.
I wonder what other kinds of sauces I can make – I am thinking of an olive based one? Husband would love that!
I added some shrimp to this recipe. I have also made it with chicken. You can’t go wrong with either – shrimp is quicker if you’re looking for a quick meal to make, but chicken adds a whole different flavor, especially if it’s grilled.
Either way, this recipe is down right delicious. I’ve made it twice already and plan on adding this to our dinner routine.
Sometimes simple and fresh is all you need!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe!!
- 16 ounces pasta (I prefer to use a curly or tube pasta because it holds the sauce better)
- 1 pint (10-12 ounces) fresh cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- good handful of basil leaves (about 8-10 leaves)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, smashed (if they're large, use 2 instead)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (try to get it fresh) plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 green onions, chopped (green and light green parts only)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15-20 shrimp (depending on how many you're serving)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions - once water has boiled add 2 teaspoons salt before adding pasta. Once pasta is done cooking, save a cup of pasta water before draining.
- While pasta is cooking, place tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, parmesan cheese, green onions and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse a few times until mixed thoroughly but still chunky.
- Prepare shrimp by sautéing it with 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook about 1-2 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink; set aside.
- Assemble the dish - Add the sauce to the drained pasta and stir - add a little of the pasta water You probably won't need all of it) as needed to create a sauce. Add shrimp with the butter. Taste and season to your liking with salt and pepper. Garnish with lots of parmesan cheese.
adapted from geniuskitchen.com