Bruschetta Salmon is an easy weeknight meal comprised of seared salmon, charred asparagus and fresh Roma marinated tomatoes. This meal is flavored with garlic, basil and balsamic vinegar giving it that classic “bruschetta” taste!
I would be lying if I said I made this one up myself. I actually enjoyed this exact meal at our Father’s Day dinner last week. I had to recreate it at home because I loved it so much – and it was SO easy.
The key to marinated tomatoes is Roma tomatoes – they hold up really well and have the most beautiful color and taste. Simply mixing together diced tomatoes, a little garlic, basil, salt, pepper, sugar and balsamic vinegar makes for a such a fresh tasting recipe. As the tomatoes sit and soak up all those flavors, they become even more delicious.
These tomatoes would be delicious for bruschetta – simply put on some little toasts and enjoy. They could be used in a salad, on top of chicken with mozzarella cheese or even on a cheeseboard. Don’t under estimate the marinated tomatoes!
But in this case – they are wonderful on topped of seared salmon. It’s just so good – they are slightly sweet because of the balsamic and sugar and then paired with charred asparagus dusted with parmesan cheese makes for those classic Italian flavors. What a wonderful and easy Summer recipe. Not to mention, SUPER healthy!
This will definitely be added to my summer dinner list!
- Marinated Tomatoes:
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed then diced
- 5 big leaves of basil, torn or sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Other Ingredients:
- 4, 6-8 ounces of salmon
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic glaze (can purchase at the grocery store. Trader Joe's also has it)
- Pepare the marinated tomatoes first. Add all of the ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Prepare the salmon and asparagus. Drizzle olive oil on both the asparagus and salmon and season both with salt and pepper.
- You can roast the asparagus in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or you can sauté them in a pan with olive oil until charred.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook on both sides for about 6 minutes, only flipping once. You want a nice sear on both sides without burning. If it is burning, lower the heat.
- Now you're ready to assemble! Place asparagus on the plate, sprinkle with parmesan. Place salmon on top and garnish heavily with marinated tomatoes then drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
- If you can't find balsamic glaze at the store, you can make it yourself by adding 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to a sauce pan and let is simmer over low heat until reduced and thick - stir often. Watch slowly to prevent it from burning.
Let the tomatoes marinate for atleast 30 minutes before taste testing.