I love pretty food.
The most beautiful food of all usually comes in the form of a salad. Well…cookies or cupcakes or ice cream may be there up too, but for today, salads for the win!
The ingredients for salads are endless and with endless ingredients come endless colors. It just so happens to be the most goooorgeous time of year as well so this Brussels Sprout Salad comes at zee perfect time, I must say. By the way, I googled Brussel sprouts or Brussels sprouts and Brussels sprouts it is. Let me know if you find anything different.
Anyway. Brussels sprouts are SO in right now, too. Go buy them, now.
I had the hardest time choosing photos for this post because they were all so pretty. And trust me, it wasn’t necessarily my skill (still learning a ton about photography), it’s the FOOD. This salad is just photogenic.
This salad is just so delicious, too.
Lightly sautéed Brussels sprouts with pomegranate seeds (SO OBSESSED), pistachios, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and of course, goat cheese not only makes this the best looking salad ever, but make it absolutely delicious. Oh, I forgot to mention that there’s a light maple vinaigrette that brings all the ingredients together. I know…I know.
It’s sweet, a little salty, a little tangy, and crunchy. It’s wonderful, truuuly wonderful.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, chopped or shaved
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, drizzle a little olive oil and place over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and cook for about 4-6 minutes, just until the brussels sprouts start to turn lightly brown. Place them in a bowl to cool.
- Once cooled, add the rest of the ingredients and gently mix. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- To make the maple vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients in a bowl.