I know I know…everyone knows about caprese salad.
Let’s first chat about caprese salad – it’s the best right? It never gets old and it’s one of the more gorgeous salads out there. It’s incredibly easy to make and has limited ingredients…I love when 4 ingredients come together and create a staple recipe that is undeniably good.
Tomatoes are so pretty right now. I am not a huge tomato fan…I’m not popping them in my mouth for a snack or anything, but I do like them in salads…mixed in with other ingredients. Are you like me or can you eat a tomato like an apple?
Ok…so this dressing. YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT. I got this recipe (well it’s just really on the back of the little packet), but our family friend told me about it and it’s the only balsamic dressing I use because it’s that good. You can doctor it up a little if you would like by adding garlic or fresh herbs, but I kept it very straight forward for this recipe. It smells amazing and brings all the caprese salad ingredients TOGETHER. We all know basil, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese do not really mean anything without balsamic vinegar.
The packet I use is Good Seasons Balsamic Vinegar. It’s similar to a ranch packet seasoning starter. It’s amazing and it’s a delicious salad dressing for all types of salads, but I particularity love it for this Caprese Chicken Salad!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest – just click the image below!
- Romaine lettuce, washed
- Small container cherry tomatoes (you can use a different kind if you would like)
- 1 container Mozzarella cheese balls
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Chicken breasts
- 1 packet of Season's balsamic dressing seasoning (You can find these in the dressing aisle near the ranch seasoning packets)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- To make the dressing add all ingredients into a bowl and mix vigorously. If you have a salad dressing container, pour all ingredients into it and shake vigorously.
- Marinate the chicken breasts with some of the dressing for at least an hour. When you're ready to make the salad, either grill the chicken for bout 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. You can also saute in a pan with olive oil. Place chicken on cutting board to rest, then slice.
- Prepare the rest of salad ingredients as needed.
- Assemble salad according to your liking (meaning as much or as little of the ingredients as you would like) then pour dressing over top.