Yes, they’re a thing.
Cheeseburger Quesadillas are not necessarily a new thing. I have seen them pop up on Pinterest every now and then and new I NEEDED to make them…it was just a matter of time.
Well I made them last week! And I am so glad I did. It’s everything you want in a cheeseburger except flattened out between two crispy flour tortillas. They’re messy and greasy and cheesy and down right delicious.
These would have been great Super Bowl Food but honestly? I would eat these any day of the week and any time of the year. Don’t test me though…
Cheeseburgers are on the top of my list of favorite foods ever. I could probably eat a cheeseburger everyday if my heart and belly would let me.
There are so many variations of cheeseburger now, but I like to keep it traditional. My favorite way to eat a cheeseburger is with cheddar or American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, mayo, ketchup, and mustard. I sometimes put an onion on there but end up picking them off…unless they’re grilled.
Mayo is a must on a cheeseburger…I don’t even know what it is…maybe it’s the creamy texture or the sweet and tangy taste? I freaking love it.
That’s why I made these cheeseburger quesadillas the traditional way…
I cooked up some ground beef with some onions then added some chopped bread and butter pickles. Yes, you can use dill, but bread and butter is where it’s at! I used shredded sharp cheddar cheese and flour tortillas. Then I served the quesadillas with some lettuce and tomatoes and finally with my special sauce – A mixture of mayo, ketchup, mustard and a pinch of sugar.
The sauce…is…SO good!
I make this sauce white quite a few things…cheeseburgers…French fries…and cheeseburgers.
Get in my belly.
- ¾-1 pound ground beef (I used 90% lean)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- ¼ cup diced pickles (dill or bread and butter)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of black pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- Shredded lettuce
- Flour tortillas
- 1 cup mayonaisse
- 2½ tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- pinch of sugar
- Add olive to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and diced onion and cook until ground beef is completely cooked.
- Add diced pickles, salt, pepper, and stir. Set aside.
- Spray another large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-low heat.
- Place one flour tortilla in the pan and evenly sprinkle ¼ of the shredded cheese on top. Then evenly spread half of the ground beef mixture on top of the cheese. Finally add another ¼ of the shredded cheese and place another flour tortilla on top. Cook on both sides until lightly browned. Repeat with the second tortilla.
- To make the sauce whisk all the ingredients together.
- Serve tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, and sauce.