I love these little bundles of sweet cheesy deliciousness.
The weather is cooling down so Fall food is totally on my mind even though I wish it would stay Summer for just a wee bit longer. Cornbread is just so darn good that I had to develop a recipe to make over the upcoming cooler seasons to go with soups and chili.
And to eat for breakfast…
What I love most about this recipe is that it starts with boxed cornbread mix which makes it super easy. I simply added a few additional ingredients to jazz it up a bit like cheddar CHEESE, honey, sour cream and a little flour…oh and honey of course.
That’s why these are called Cheesy Cornbread Muffins.
Because of the cheeeeeese.
The cheese makes all the difference…it adds that nice salty cheesy bite to the sweet and nutty cornbread mix. I like to douse mine in honey because I think it tastes like the best thing ever. I served these with my Italian Sausage Soup and they were sooo yummy with it. By the way, that soup is seriously amazing. Vin LOOOOVES it and he’s not a soup guy.
It’s a keeper…I tell ya.
Pass the cornbread cheeeeese. I mean pleeeeeease.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board by clicking the image below!
- 2 8.5 ounce boxes cornbread mix (I used Jiffy)
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cups milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl just until combined, it will be lumpy. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown. Serve with butter and honey.