It’s true. They don’t get chewier than this. Blondies are a non-chocolate brownie, typically made with just sugar and in this case, brown sugar. I add extra egg yolks to make them the chewiest blondies you will ever make!
I can’t even with these. They are almost like eating a caramel, they’re so chewy. I love a good easy dessert recipe I can whip up at any time. These have limited ingredients and are done in about 30 minutes from start to finish. Plus, they have this crinkly top that’s unlike any other “dessert bar” I’ve ever made.
I mean check out that bite – seriously so chewy!! These were gone in one day. ONE day. It didn’t help that my nieces were over and between my two girls and the two of them, they did a pretty good job on these. However, there were many adults who enjoyed them too!
These were so fun to make with the girls. I will be honest – sometimes they bake/cook with me and sometimes they don’t. It all depends on what is on the menu that day. With that said, these chewy blondies are the perfect dessert to make with kiddos because of the limited ingredients and they are really not that messy.
Proof that a 2 year old and be a good helper. 🙂
Give me all the chewy goodness!
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg + 2 large egg yolks
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 square baking with parchment or generously spray with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and brown suagr together over medium heat until melted. Let lightly boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat, pour into a mixing bowl to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the butter and sugar have cooled, add eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Next, add flour and salt and stir just until combined.
- Batter will be sticky. Pour into prepared pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Bake for 30 minutes, remove and let cool. Tops will look cracked which is what you want.
- Cut and enjoy!