How do you make a cookie taste amazing? Add butterscotch chips! Chewy Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies are simply delicious. A secret ingredient is used to make these cookies soft and chewy and totally irresistible!
And I am sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes…Chewy Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies. So before I share the recipe and all that…let’s talk about how I am getting married in 7 days. Aaaahhhh!!! Right?
Life has been very good but very busy. Unfortunately, instead of making cakes, cookies, cupcakes and other fun sweets, I have been baking nothing. Yes, nothing. Not because I don’t want to, but because with summer activities, getting married, job and much more, I just honestly haven’t had the time to do it. Same goes for the cooking. I sincerely apologize for the delay in posting but I promise I will share fun wedding photos, honeymoon (Maui anyone? Napa anyone? San Fransisco anyone?) YES! Going to all three places and can’t wait. Follow me on instagram for all the foodie adventures we go on!
Enough wedding stuff. There will be much more to share in the future. Let’s chat about these cookies.
This is such a great recipe. Cookies turn out perfect every time. The dough is light, not too sweet and the cookies come out chewy and plump.
Don’t like chocolate chips or butterscotch chips? I hope the answer is no! Really though, If you prefer other flavors like peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or even m&ms go ahead and add them to the dough!
Don’t you love how you can tell a cookie is chewy in the center just by looking at it? Or is that just me?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons. cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to the dough. Stir in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-13 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown). Let cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Slighty adapted from: Apple a Day