I have to confess…
I said “okay” and here they are!
He is such a fan of teriyaki. I like it too…just not as much as he does. I do have to say that this recipe idea was spot on though, because these tacos are insane! There is so much flavor going on without any complication…like at all.
I will call these semi-homemade because I used a rotisserie chicken. I will say that I tested them with chicken thighs and although they were good, the rotisserie chicken was better and easier.
If you prefer to make the chicken, simply marinate it with teriyaki sauce for at least 2 hours and bake uncovered in the oven at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes.
I make tacos on average once a week because we really, really like them. I always make Gimme Some Ovens Shrimp Mango Tacos because they are just so spot on. I also make my Pork Tacos because hello, slow cooked pork is so easy and delicious.
I will have to say that these were a nice change of flavor while not missing out on the whole I need tacos tonight for dinner.
That’s what I love most about tacos…so versatile and always so delicious. Heck, my favorite taco at a local restaurant is a vegetable taco made with mushrooms. Out of all the tacos, I swear it’s the best.
So what kind of tacos are you into? I’d love to hear your favorites and make them for Taco Tuesday!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest – just click the image below!
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Teriyaki Sauce (I used Kikkoman Teriyaki Glaze, but any kind will do)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (more if you like spice)
- chopped green onions
- shredded carrots
- corn tortillas, warmed
- Place shredded chicken in a bowl and add ½ cup teriyaki sauce. Chicken should be coated with the sauce but not drowning it. You can add more if you like.
- Mix together mayonnaise and sriracha; set aside.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. If you have a gas stove you can place them over a low flame to warm them or you can also grill them.
- When you're ready to serve, warm chicken in the microwave.
- Assemble tacos by adding chicken then topping with green onions, carrots, cilantro and the spicy mayo.