The classic chocolate chip cookie. Oh and Happy Friday! Any fun plans this weekend?
I made these cookies to bring to a New Years party this year (can’t believe it’s almost March – ah!) and wanted to make sure it covered all the bases – chewy and crispy, sweet but not too sweet, and had A LOT of chocolate chips because let’s be honest, who doesn’t love chocolate chips? And since we are being honest, I added a good cup more of chocolate chips than the recipe called for…ssshhh…they will never know.
See? I told you!
Why do we make chocolate chip cookies or any type of cookie for that matter? Let me think…to bring to parties? Yes. To keep children happy? Yes. To make our homes smell good? Yes. To eat the cookie dough? no…..YES! Since we are being honest and all, the real reason we (or I) make chocolate chip cookies is to eat the darn cookie dough.
I heart cookie dough.
Now let’s talk about this recipe – it’s super easy, you will most likely have all the ingredients on hand. We are not getting fancy with this recipe – remember this is a classic! Don’t get me wrong, I love trying new chocolate chip cookie recipes with different ingredients like cornstarch or cake flour. I will definitely have many more recipes to share in the near future. 🙂
Please notice all of the chocolate chips in those there cookies.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe barely adapted from Nestle