These are definitely needed this week.
Because it’s Valentine’s Day on Friday! Chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect dessert for this extra sweet day because they’re so easy to make, healthy and absolutely delicious. Anything covered in chocolate is pretty tasty in my book.
Growing up, chocolate was my favorite dessert flavor – chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, brownie ice cream, chocolate peanut butter malts and it goes on and on. Then I “matured” and wanted anything fruit – strawberry ice cream, cheesecake, anything vanilla and fruity, smoothies and that list goes on and on. Now I just like EVERYTHING. Right this very second I’m craving chocolate lava cake and will be attempting that recipe on Friday. Can’t wait to share it with you. Wish me luck!
So if you’re looking for something fruity and chocolatey, these dipped strawberries are the way to go. I used dark chocolate because I love the flavor but go ahead and use milk chocolate if that’s what floats your boat!
Wishing you a wonderful and very sweet Valentine’s Day!!
- Good chocolate, dark or milk
- 1-2 teaspoons Shortening (not absolutely necessary)
- Wash and dry strawberries really well. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate and 1 teaspoons shortening in the microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth. If the chocolate is not runny enough, add a little more shortening until you reach desired consistency.
- Dip each strawberry in the melted chocolate, letting excess chocolate run off until it doesn't drip. Place on parchment paper and decorate right away before chocolate sets. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes for chocolate to completely set. Take out and enjoy.