I’m on a little bit of a kick.
I think I am supposed to be eating healthy or something because it’s the beginning of the year, but I can’t stop making desserts. Perhaps it’s because I LOVE baking and because Trader Joe’s sells the most amazing mini peanut butter cups.
So…Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars is what we are talking about today. Hope that’s okay?
I just die over these mini peanut butter cups. They are such a treat. They have amazing flavor and the peanut butter in the center is actually creamy! They sort of melt in your mouth which is totally dreamy.
I bought these and instead of eating them by the handful (been there done that) I decided to make something with them! We all know how good chocolate and peanut butter is so I decided to make a chocolate peanut butter cup cookie bars! You can also make these into cookies if you want (see recipe directions below).
These are amazing with coffee. I think everything is amazing with coffee but these are such a good afternoon treat with a hot cup of your favorite blend. I drink caffeine and eat sugar…it’s how I survive each day.
I’m joking a little…
Those mini peanut butter cups!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (try to use dark brown if you can)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup peanut butter (I used chunky but creamy would work, too)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini peanut butter cups (could use large ones, just chop them up)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick spray then line with parchment paper.
- In a stand-alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes on medium-high speed. Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla and cream until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl stir together dry ingredients; flour, cocoa powder, corn starch, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on low-speed, gradually add the bowl of dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips and peanut butter cups and mix on high speed for a few seconds.
- Pour dough into prepared pan and press down with fingers. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set. Let cool completely before cutting. It's okay to under-bake slightly!