I love a good salad with a ton of healthy ingredients. It’s the perfect lunch – this Chopped Salad is just that and it’s dressed with Sriracha Ranch!
I’m in a salad group with two of my neighbor friends. What is a salad swap group you ask? It’s when you make salads for each other once a week – this is nice because twice a week (there are 3 of us) lunch is made for me!
My original inspiration for this salad was an Asian inspired salad but as my friend mentioned, she didn’t get much Asian from it – I agree with her! It needed a sweetness so I added cranberries. I am calling this a chopped salad which to me means a bunch of good stuff that’s chopped pretty small and tossed in a dressing. 🙂
So we have rotisserie chicken, red bell pepper, shredded carrot, purple and green cabbage, green onion, cilantro, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries (not pictured).
Talk about flavor and texture! You could really use any dressing you would like for this salad – a honey mustard, sweet vinaigrette or a chipotle ranch would be good.
I loved the spicy ranch though – gave it a nice kick.
Trader Joe’s sells the sriracha ranch dressing, but if you can’t find it you can make your own by mixing ranch dressing with a little sriracha.
I love this stuff – it’s great on eggs or as a spread for a sandwich. I also like dipping cauliflower in it. Don’t ask me why…it just works for me.
It also works on this chopped salad!
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 red pepper, diced finely
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small head of green cabbage (or half of a large head), diced
- 1 small head of purple cabbage (or half of a large head), diced
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- Siracha ranch dressing (I found it at Trader Joe's. If you can't find it simply mix siracha and ranch dressing together to your liking)
- Prepare all ingredients - wash, chop, slice, etc.
- Add to a large bowl - squeeze the lime over top and toss.
- Serve with Sriracha Ranch.