You’re going to love these cranberry orange cookie bars. These cookie bars remind of a scone without the fuss of making scones. These are so easy to make – no mixer required, just the ingredients, a bowl and a spoon!
Oh these delightful “cookie bars” hit the spot. The entire family loved them because of their unique texture. I am calling these a cookie bar but they remind a lot of scone. They’re chewy but also slightly crumbly and they are packed full of orange zest, white chocolate and cranberries.
I decided to bake these in a round pan instead of a square pan. Sometimes it’s nice to switch things up a little. As I mentioned this dessert does not require a mixer – it can simply all be mixed by hand which is so nice. They’re super festive given the red cranberries and they taste amazing because of that fresh orange zest.
I decided to make a little drizzle to put on top to make them look pretty but they are still amazing without it. If you’re looking for a dessert to bring to cookie exchange or a Christmas party, I would definitely suggest these!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Save this recipe to pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 large orange
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (use the orange you zested)
- 3/4 cup confections sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8x8 square or round baking pan with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large bowl, let cool slightly.
- Next, whisk in eggs, orange zest and vanilla until smooth and light in color.
- Using a spoon, stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Lastly, stir in white chocolate chip and cranberries.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Make sure you don't overbake otherwise they won't be chewy. The edges can be slightly browned but the center should not be. Let cool, cut and serve.
- If you want to make the drizzle, whisk together 1 tablesoon orange juice and 3/4 cup confectioners sugar. If it's too thick, add a tiny bit more orange juice. If it's too runny, add a tiny bit more sugar - drizzle on top of cookie bars.