Creamy Mustard Baked Chicken is a simple recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Chicken breasts are baked in a creamy garlic mustard sauce resulting in a flavorful and juicy dish! Serve with roasted vegetables or over noodles!
This recipe could not get any easier. I found this recipe from non other than Ina Garten, but she makes it with fish instead of chicken. I have tried both and I prefer using chicken. Lately, the chicken recipes I have made unfortunately result in flavorless overcooked chicken. I wanted to create an EASY, flavorful and juicy chicken recipe thats quick enough for a weeknight meal. This is the perfect recipe!
You can prepare this dish ahead of time and bake when you’re ready to eat. Simply follow the directions below – season chicken breasts, whisk sauce together and pour over chicken then cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to bake. I LOVE recipes that allow me to prepare ahead of time. I can make it early in the morning or during my kiddos nap time and don’t have to worry about making dinner during the 5:00 witching hour. Ya feel me?
I served this with broccoli, but it would also be delicious over noodles. The sauce is so flavorful and should be soaked up in something! Crusty bread would also be good for dipping!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 6 thin chicken breasts
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour all over the chicken. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Broil for 5 minutes to get some color on the top - this step isn't necessary but it makes it look pretty! Garnish with parsley. Serve with a roasted vegetable or over noodles.