I am obsessed with the Air Fryer. I love this idea of “frying” food without really frying it. It actually works! These crispy air fryer fries are a very popular side dish in my family!
Don’t they look like they’re from a restaurant? They also taste like it but they were actually made right on my kitchen counter top!
Do you have an air fryer? If not, I highly suggest it. It’s a great way to fry up just about anything. I mostly use it for vegetables – Brussels sprouts, broccoli and potatoes. I have also used it to “cook” mini pizzas and chicken tenders for the kiddos. There are tons of other options – find out what works for you!
Who doesn’t love fries? They’re amazing but they’re simply just not healthy, unless you bake them or use an air fryer! I love using red potatoes for our fries, but a russet would also work. I slice them up and stick them in the air fryer and press start. Top them with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese and you have restaurant style fries right there in your kitchen!
I often make these with burgers, steak, even a roast – any kind of “meaty” meal. The girls love them and dip them in ketchup not really knowing they’re healthier than your typical fried fries. It’s SO great.
I seriously can’t get enough of them!
- 3-4 large red potatoes, sliced into "fries"
- garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- dried parsley "optional"
- Cooking spray (avocado oil, canola oil, etc.)
- Turn your air fryer to 380 degrees and press start to heat up.
- While it's heating up, cut up the potatoes. Dab with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Place fries in the air fryer, spray with non-stick cooking spray of your choice. Start the timer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, shake them and place them back in for another 5 minutes. Repeat this for a total of 3-4 times until the fries are to your liking. Remove and season well then serve right away!