What’s your favorite cookie?
I truly love all cookies, but chocolate chip is my all time favorite. I work above a bakery that makes all types of amazing cookies, but I always get the chocolate chip. It never fails to satisfy my sweet tooth craving and ya know what? I’m a happier person after I indulge in one. Hey, whatever works right?
Chocolate chip is also my favorite because they’re so versatile. You can make an ice cream sundae with them – the best kind of sundae in my eyes. Or you can take some ice cream and stuff it between two cookies and make a sandwich. Or you can throw them in blender with some vanilla ice cream and make a shake. Or you can cover the dough in chocolate and make truffles. Or….or….or!!!
So are you a crispy, chewy or soft chocolate chip cookie lover? I’m a crispy AND chewy type of gal. The reason why I developed this cookie is because I wanted a recipe that could encompass all three cookie textures. You can accomplish whatever cookie texture you want by changing the baking time.
Crispy: 12-13 minutes
Crispy and Chewy: 11-12 minutes
Soft and Chewy: 11 minutes
One batter, three different chocolate chip cookies. How is this possible? The cornstarch keeps them light and fluffy and the baking soda allows them to crisp up and caramelize. I spent two hours reading the difference between baking powder, cornstarch, and baking soda on my iPhone during a drive back to Iowa…I was geeking out and loved it.
I mean come on! Look at the caramelized edges and chewy centers!
Don’t forget you can save your favorite Stuck on Sweet recipes to your ZipList personal recipe box by clicking on the button on all my recipes!
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- In a bowl mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a stand alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until thoroughly combined, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until well incorporated. Lastly add chocolate chips and mix.
- Drop heaping tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Let cool slightly and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
Source and Recipe: Stuck on Sweet