I’m going to tell you how it is with this one. This is such and easy recipe. Like SO simple which is why I am calling it the Easiest Baked Brisket Recipe. It’s a no brainer, delicious recipe that will leave you with an amazing barbecue meal!!
I’ve made this brisket recipe at least 10 times. It’s my go-to meal for when my parents stay with us or when we have neighbors over. Making a brisket seems like it may be a lot of work but I can promise you that this recipe actually requires hardly any work at all!
I also make ribs this way and they turn out amazing as well. Believe it or not this recipe stemmed from a much more difficult recipe which entailed making your own barbecue sauce, etc. etc. Although it was good, I didn’t love it. I decided to simplify the approach and use a barbecue seasoning to add more flavor to the brisket and use one of my favorite barbecue sauces, Sweet Baby Ray’s.
My husband and I talked about getting a smoker then looked into the prices and thought, eh, it’s just not our time. However, we wanted to start making some really good brisket. Like I said, I wanted a simple approach to his cut of meat but I wanted it to taste amazing. Using a rub and barbecue sauce adds a ton of flavor, and cooking it low and slow makes it tender. Here’s the simple run down.
Trim fat off the brisket.
Cover it with your favorite barbecue seasoning. I use Butt Rub which can be found on Amazon.
Wrap it tightly in heavy aluminum foil and place on a rimmed baking.
Bake for 3-5 hours at 300 degrees depending on the size of your brisket. Plan for an hour per pound.
Remove foil, brush with barbecue sauce and place back in oven and broil for 10 minutes until charred. You could charr it on the grill if you want, too.
The most important part – LET IT REST for 30 minutes. If you need to reheat it in a warm oven so be it. Resting allows the juices to absorb into the meat leaving it juicy and tender.
Alright guys! There you have it. The easiest baked brisket you’ll ever make!
I could eat this every day!
PIN THIS RECIPE USING THE IMAGE BELOW!
- 3-5 pound brisket, fat trimmed.
- 3-4 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue seasoning (I use Butt Rub)
- Sweet Baby Ray's Original or your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Generously season brisket with barbecue seasoning on both sides, massaging it in with your fingers. You can use as much or as little as you want but don't be afraid to cover the brisket with it.
- Wrap brisket tightly with at least two pieces of heavy aluminum foil and place on a large rimmed pan or in a large baking dish.
- Bake for 3-5 hours depending on the size of your brisket. I have found that 1 pound=1 hour of cooking time so if your brisket is 5 pounds, bake for 5 hours. However, if you're brisket is only a 1-2 pounds you will most likely have to cook it for longer than one hour. You can always check it and see if it is tender by twisting a fork in the center - if it twists easily and isn't tough, it should be done!
- Remove from oven, remove foil and brush on barbecue sauce. Place brisket back into the oven and broil for 5-10 minutes until slightly charred and bubbly. You can also grill the brisket at the end instead of broiling.