Easy Lemon Pie – we all should have an easy pie recipe, right? Something we can whip up for special occasions during the Spring and Summer months. This pie recipe is just that. It’s absolutely delicious and the lemon filling is so creamy and fluffy!
I love pie. Do you? I used to not like it as a kid but as an adult, give me all.the.pie. I especially enjoy pies like this lemon pie or a coconut cream pie or chocolate pie. I have come to realize that lemon desserts are definitely a favorite for a lot of people, including myself. Whenever I make anything lemon, everyone seems to jump for it. I knew that an easy lemon pie was a must make for the blog and my friends and family!
A graham cracker crust is a must for this recipe. You can use a traditional crust if you would like, but I love how the graham cracker crust soaks up the lemon filling and is so chewy when you bite into it. Plus graham crackers crusts are easy to make, hence the name EASY lemon pie. 🙂
Check out that FLUFF. I think that’s why I like this pie so much. The lemon filling is so fluffy and light and then I topped it with a sweetened whipped cream cheese to give it yet another layer of creaminess and tanginess. See how the graham cracker crust soaks up all that filling? It’s just so good!
I will have to admit. The last piece of this pie was enjoyed by yours truly straight out of the pie pan on the couch while watching Ozark. It just had to be done and I loved every minute of it. I hope you enjoy this pie as much as we did!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- LEMON FILLING:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the crust first. You can crush the graham crackers yourself or you can use already made graham cracker crumbs. Simply mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar then melted butter. Press into a 9 1/2 inch deep pie pan and bake for 7 minutes. Remove.
- To make the lemon filling, whisk together egg yolks and lemon zest on medium high speed for 1 minute. You can use a stand-alone mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand-held one works, too. Add lemon juice, sweetened condensed, salt and vanilla and mix on high for an additional minute, scraping down sides of bowl. Pour into the crust and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly. Mine took 12 minutes. Set aside to cool completely then place in refrigerator.
- To make whipped cream cheese, use a stand-alone mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (hand-held works, too). Add heavy cream and whisk on medium high speed until soft peaks form. Then add cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and whip on high until creamy. Do not overwhip. It's okay if there are little bumps in the mixture - it's just the cream cheese mixing in with the cold heavy cream. Carefully spread on cold pie and place in refrigerator overnight or for several hours. Enjoy!
Keep pie covered in refrigerator.