Fruit Fluff (aka Fruit Salad) is a staple in my house. Canned fruit is mixed together with instant pudding, whipped topping and mini marshmallows for a delicious sweet side dish!
Fruit Fluff brings me back.
My mom grew up on a farm in Sibley, Iowa where fresh, homemade farm food was made daily. Grandma Den Beste was a whiz in the kitchen making everything from sloppy joe’s, to cinnamon rolls, to corn casserole, to potato salad to…to…it goes on and on. She also has the BIGGEST sweet tooth. I mean we are talking dessert after every meal and with coffee during the day. I wonder why I like coffee and sweets so much?
So fruit fluff has become a staple in our house. We typically make it every year for the holidays. Every bite reminds me of home and I just adore that cozy comforting feeling I get when I devour it. It also tastes like heaven. Let’s be honest, anything with mini marshmallows is darn good.
What brings you back to the good ol’ days?
- 1 30 ounce can fruit cocktail, drain juice in a bowl
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drain juice in the same bowl as the fruit cocktail
- 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges, drain in a bowl
- 1 3.9 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces light cool whip
- half bag of mini marshmallows (you can use more if you would like)
- Drain canned fruit (make sure to drain it well!) into a bowl reserving 1½ cups of juice. Discard the rest of the juice. Add instant vanilla pudding to the bowl of juice and whisk until thickened, about two minutes. Fold in cool whip then add drained fruit and mix. Finally fold in marshmallows. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Everything will thicken as it chills.
Source: Stuck on Sweet