Funfetti and sprinkles…again!!!
Lately I have been soooo into sprinkles and Funfetti and I’m not sure why? Maybe because it’s fun? Yeah…I think that’s part of it and I am just loving the “Funfetti” Ffavor lately. It’s just so good…and FUN. 😉
So there’s this bakery directly below the foundation I work at and it’s deadly. I LOVE their cookies and dessert bars – they’re the perfect ” it’s 3pm and I am so done for the day but I still have to work to do helper outer”. It’s great.
Well, they have a sugar cookie that is also made with sprinkles and cake batter so I tried it. It’s about as big as my head and it took me about 8 seconds to eat. I was inspired! I just had to figure out how to make these at home.
The bakery cookies are actually much different in texture than these beauties, but they taste the same. The first batch I made was a mess so I switched things up a bit and got these. One bite and I was in love. Most sugar cookies are chewy, and I love CHEWY, but these are crumbly AND chewy. Now how about that? It’s pretty awesome.
Two important steps to note. You actually make a Funfetti cake which might be the easiest and best thing ever to make. Then you crumble some of the cake into the cookie dough. You have to veeerrryyyy gently mix it in (I used my hands) so the crumbles don’t turn into the dough. Does that make sense? You want there to be chunks of cake, not cake dough.
And you have to flatten them out before you bake them or they will be little balls of sugar cookies. Which could be fine too I guess, but you want them to look puuuuurty so flatten those sprinkle babies out.
And my favorite part? SPRINKLES. They just make me smile.
Until this happens. It could’ve been worse…it could’ve been worse…
So, I hope you have a FUN weekend!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on your Pinterest board by clicking the image below!
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix and the ingredients to make it - oil, water, eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled Funfetti cake
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Make a Funfetti cake or Funfetti cake cupcakes - you will use some of the baked cake in the cookies and you can enjoy the rest!
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and 1¼ cups sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Next, add the flour mixture and continue mixing until all the flour is incorporated, then mix in sprinkles - dough will be thick.
- Lastly, crumble about 1 cup of Funfetti cake into the cookie dough batter. GENTLY mix with your hands - you don't want the cake to become part of the dough, but rather crumbles of cake within the dough.
- Measure about 1½ tablespoons of dough and roll it in the remaining ¼ cup of sugar. Using a glass, press dough down so that it's flat - the edges will crack a little.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!