I love a good Fall inspired meal – this Harvest Peach Chicken Salad with Honey Dijon is just that. Fresh greens are mixed with ingredients like peaches, sugar coated pecans, cranberries, quinoa and goat cheese all tossed together in a tangy/sweet dressing!
I am so ready for all things Fall – it’s by far my favorite season. I may be starting a little early, but I just can’t help myself. All the Summer stuff is put away and the mums are out. We’ve already been to a pumpkin farm and I can’t wait to take the girls to pick out their pumpkins this year!
I feel if I start earlier, it will last longer since this Fall season seems to come and go so quickly.
This beautiful Harvest Peach Salad is definitely inspired by the current Season – warm colors and flavors. I am a huge fan of tangy and sweet salads and this salad is just that. Lots of sweet and tangy flavors mixed together.
I am obsessed with a Honey Dijon dressing I found at the store – It’s called Cindy’s Kitchen Honey Dijon Vinaigrette and it’s so delicious. I found it in the cold section of salad dressings. I’m looking forward to trying it in others ways such a marinade for chicken!
This Harvest Peach Salad is loaded with healthy ingredients – I love the addition of quinoa for example. It’s definitely an added healthy benefit but it also adds texture and color to the salad. Obviously sugar coated pecans are a no brainer – I can eat these plain! And the juicy peaches and dried cranberries are obviously a winning combo. Lastly, the creamy goat cheese and the spice of a red onion compliment the sweetness of the salad.
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Salad greens
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thinly
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Sugar coated pecans (you can find these at the store or make them)
- Dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Honey dijon dressing (found at the store. Honey mustard dressing would work well, too)
- Cooking chicken - I girlled it on both sides for about 7 minutes or you can bake in the oven or you could cook in a saute pan. Cool then slice.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions - cool completely.
- Prepeare the rest of your ingredients, chop slice, etc.
- Prepare the salad - Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl to your liking - use as much or a little of the ingredients as you would like. Top with sliced chicken and dress with honey dijon dressing.
- If you're making the pecans, simply put 1/2 cup pecans in a small non-stick saute pan over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and stir until sugar has melted and coated pecans. Remove and let cool on a piece of parchment paper.