I have to share a few healthy recipes because it’s January, right?!
I’ll be honest, I’m not. (tee-hee)
I just like my eating regimen and I don’t plan on changing it, but I am trying to exercise more whether it’s stretching, walking, doing push-ups, etc. I don’t belong to a gym and I prefer to do exercises at home (just makes my life a little easier). Do you have any good home exercise suggestions? I tend to do the same stuff and it can get a little boring. Please and thank you!
As I mentioned, I’m not changing my eating habits, but I am making a few healthy recipes for the blog and for my family. What would you guys like to see? I am thinking about a green goddess smoothie and a healthy pizza. Let me know what you think!
It’s nice to have a few options in your back pocket when you want something tasty that actually has some nutrition value to it, right?
This banana bread is just that!! It’s made with coconut oil instead of butter, whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, and only has 3/4 cup of sugar in it. AND…it still tastes amazing. Vin LOVED it and he is kind of a banana bread snob.
You can add some ingredients for texture like raisins, nuts or chocolate chips or keep it simple like I did.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest – just click the image below!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (if the bananas are large, use two)
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Add coconut oil to a large microwave safe bowl. Melt coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Next, whisk in brown sugar until incorporated, then add the egg and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Add mashed bananas and stir.
- Lastly, add whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and stir until just combined (do not over-mix.)
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes. Check at 35 minutes and if the top if browning too much, tent tin foil over the loaf pan and continue to bake until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.