Healthy Banana Muffins are just as good as non-healthy banana muffins. They’re sweet, smell amazing and are wonderful for breakfast. They’re also made in the blender making them super easy to make!
I love having healthier snacks around the house that also substitute for our sweet cravings. These Healthy Banana Muffins are the perfect snack, breakfast, dessert…you name it. They are made with healthy ingredients like oats, greek yogurt, ground flaxseed and bananas. I love making these because I pop everything into blender, press on and 20 seconds later they are ready to bake!
This is a fun recipe for kiddos – it’s not messy and they can measure then dump everything into the blender. I actually use my blender more than I ever have before for cooking and baking. You can puree soups, make smoothies, muffins, puree canned whole tomatoes, etc. It’s a great kitchen tool.
The result after blending everything together is a liquid batter – it won’t be thick and chunky and this is normal. Simply pour the batter into the muffin pan and bake. They will rise up and then will fall a little bit – also normal! The batter is delicious – my kiddos loved licking the spoons.
My favorite way to eat them is with a little jam on them. Nutella would also be delicious if you want to to make these more of a “treat.” The recipes makes 12 and I kid you not…there were 5 left at the end of the day. Who ate them all? That would be my 4 year old. She LOVES these. I can’t give her all the credit as I had 2 and my husband had 1 but she seriously ate the rest. Every few hours she would reach up on the counter and grab one. I love this though – no asking me for snacks all day or having to cut anything up…she could get them all by herself and I didn’t mind because they are very nutritious.
I should call these Kid Friendly Healthy Banana Muffins!
- 2 cups oats (I used quick cooking oats)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used 5% fat)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed (optional. don't need it for muffins to turn out)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin pan; set aside.
- Pour all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each one up about 3/4 full. Bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly then remove. Enjoy with jam, butter, or nutella.
recipe slightly adapted from pinchofyum.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g