I am so obsessed with these easy Homemade Granola Bites. Just a few ingredients come together to make a healthy afternoon snack for kids and adults!
Anyone else snack on all things crunchy, slightly sweet and covered in chocolate? These types of snacks are my thaaang. I often find snacks like this at Costco or Trader Joe’s. In fact, I did find a cashew cluster from Costco that I died over – ate the whole bag.
Good thing was – it inspired me to make my own snack at home. Getting to Costco for my cashew clusters can sometimes be difficult…ya know what I mean. The good ol’ Costco run usually ends with my kids running around and me spending $593843908.
This recipe is SIMPLE. Just a few ingredients – oats, coconut oil, honey, almonds, salt and chocolate make the most delicious and healthy snack.
This is great recipe to make with kiddos because it doesn’t have to be perfect – let them spread the chocolate or mix the granola. 🙂
I highly suggest using parchment paper – it’s one of my favorite kitchen staples – it’s non-stick and makes clean up so easy. You can also recycle it.
If you want to double up this recipe, go ahead. It will make a ton but you can totally freeze them! In fact, I bet they are pretty good frozen.
Hope you decide to make these – we truly love them at our house!
Pin this recipe!!
- 2 cups old fashioned quick cooking oats
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Stir the coconut oil, honey, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Add the oats and almonds and stir well.
- Pour granola into the prepared baking pan and push down with a spatula or your hands so it lays evenly. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate (careful to not burn chocolate if doing it in the microwave. Melt at 30 second intervals stirring well after each). Once chocolate has melted, pour over granola, spreading evenly with a spatula, then place in refrigerator to cool completely (or freezer to cool faster) until the chocolate has hardened. Cut into chunks. Store in refrigerator for a crisper granola bite.