It’s that time of year again. The weather is starting to cool down (well, kind of) and football is starting which means it’s time to eat all the dips and eat all the wings.
These Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizer (or dinner) to start football season off right! They’re done in less than 20 minutes and they are sweet and spicy!
Oh yes. Chicken Wings. I’m guessing these are the most popular “football” food out there? I have no idea why I haven’t posted a recipe for them yet…better late than never!
This is a recipe passed onto me from a family friend and it’s truly AMAZING. It’s simple and to the point. I like that. A simple mixture of butter, honey and buffalo sauce is warmed up on the stove and poured all over grilled chicken wings. That’s it folks.
It honestly doesn’t get any easier or more delicious than these. No frying, no mess, just simple grilled wings with a delicious sweet, spicy and BUTTERY sauce.
Serve them up with vegetables and your choice of dipping sauce. I chose blue cheese but ranch would obviously work, too. These don’t really need a dipping sauce…so good on their own, but whenever I get the chance to dip something in blue cheese dressing, I do it.
You can make these ahead of time and keep warm in the oven. You can even make these the day before, bring to room temp, cover and put in the refrigerator and pop on the grill or put them in the oven before your guests come.
This is a winner. I’m telling you!
Serve on a larger cookie sheet and you are done! Now, who are you rooting for?
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 20 chicken wings (drums and wings separate)*
- Blue cheese dressing or ranch (optional)
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through and nicely charred, about 10-15 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Add butter, honey and buffalo sauce to a sauce pan and place over medium heat. Once butter has melted and it as started to simmer, remove from stove and stir.
- Once wings are done grilling, add to a large bowl and pour sauce all over wings tossing to coat. You can enjoy them like this or you can put them back on the grill for a few minutes to make them stickier.