Who doesn’t love honey mustard? Come on now!
What’s your favorite dressing or dipping sauce? It’s a tough question for me because I like them all. I truly don’t have a favorite because they are all my favorite – ranch, honey mustard, bbq sauce, tartar sauce – anything I can dunk something fried into, I love. There is someone out there though that does have a favorite and his name is Vincent and he loves his honey mustard. It is ordered with every meal that involves french fries, onion rings, chicken fingers, cheeseburgers, and fried fish even. He also likes it mixed with caesar dressing which is something I learned when he ordered the chicken ceaser pita wrap from Baker’s Square and asked for a side of honey mustard. I ONLY went there for the pie…banana cream! duh. 😉
This recipe was inspired by honey mustard. Instead of using a bottled dressing, I decided to make my own. I used light mayonnaise to cut out some fat and calories. I also wanted the chicken to be infused with the honey mustard versus having to dunk it into a sauce. A simple marinade and coating of bread crumbs sealed the flavor in and also kept the chicken moist.
Toss it in the oven to cook through until cooked through and crispy. Add a sprinkle of parsley for some freshness and there you have it. I served this with a grape salad (recipe coming soon) and asparagus. A picture of the full meal is on my INSTAGRAM page.
For more delicious recipes, follow me on PINTEREST!
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced to create 6 thin pieces
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Spray baking rack with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, dijon mustard and salt. Set aside a couple of tablespoons for dipping if you would like.
- In a separate larger bowl or shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Take each chicken breasts and smother it with the honey mustard dressing and then dredge in bread crumbs and place on the baking rack.
- Sprinkle each chicken breasts with more parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes then broil at 515 degrees for another 5 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crispy. Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
Source: Stuck on Sweet