Ad – This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crisco®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Santa is on his way!
Are you ready for the big holiday? I kind of am…having a newborn a few weeks before Christmas has added to my list of things to accomplish for the big day, but I do have one thing done…Santa’s cookies! Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookies are the perfect cookie to make for Santa! As part of the Bake It Better Challenge, I teamed up with Crisco® to come up with a cookie recipe using their All-Vegetable Shortening that Santa will LOVE. I think Santa will enjoy a fluffy sugar cookie that’s made with hot chocolate mix, cocoa and marshmallows, don’t you agree?
These Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookies are fluffy, chewy and they melt in your mouth. They go VERY well with a cup of hot chocolate or cold glass of milk and they are so much fun for kids to make. I plan on making a batch with my little girl for Santa – I can’t wait to celebrate Christmas with her this year – she is starting to understand the whole concept and I think baking cookies for Santa will literally light up her eyes.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make – it’s a straight-forward cookie recipe that will puff up in the oven nicely, and when it cools it will leave little cracks in the cookies and the marshmallows will be all gooey and delicious. Using Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening instead of butter ensures that the cookies are thick and light-textured – delicious.
They look so pretty on a festive plate. I am pretty sure Santa will gobble these up!
Make sure to tag your Crisco® recipes with the hashtag #BakeItBetter and #SantasFavoriteCookie on your social media channels! We would love to see what you create!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ ounces hot chocolate mix
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Baking Stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk (any kind will do)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat; set aside.
- In a stand-alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (hand-held mixer works, too) mix together shortening and sugar on high speed for 5 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Next add in egg, milk and vanilla and mix until incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, hot chocolate mix, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- With mixer on low-speed, gradually add in flour mixture until combined. Turn mixer on high speed for a few seconds to incorporate the crumbs in the bottom of the bowl. Dough will clump together.
- Lastly, add in marshmallows if using.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of dough, pack into a ball then press onto a cookie sheet to form a disk. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies start to crack. They will puff up. Let cool completely before transferring to a plate. Enjoy!
Cookie recipe slightly adapted from Crisco®.