This easy recipe for Kale Caesar Salad will be your go-to salad from now on! Believe it or not, minimal ingredients make up this delicious salad and it’s filling, too!
Ready for tons of flavor with minimal ingredients? And something that’s super healthy?! Ok good. me, too!
I came across this salad at a local mall food court and basically remade it at home. It’s delicious and so easy to make. Kale, roasted chickpeas, hemp seeds, parmesan cheese, lemon, olive oil and caesar dressing. If you really want it to be super healthy just dress it with olive and lemon juice.
I haven’t forgotten about kale, but it hasn’t been in my recipe planning for awhile and I decided to bring it back. I am a true believer in eating what my body wants and for some reason it has been wanting kale lately…perhaps it’s this whole pandemic thing going on, but whatever it is, I am loving me some kale!
An important note about kale salad – the kale should be massaged which means it should be broken down with a little olive oil before you eat it. Simply use your hands to literally massage it until it breaks down a little. It’s so much easier to eat and tastes a lot better this way.
Then you get to turn it into beautiful salads like this one! I decided to make this because it was easy but I then realized that it’s not only easy but it’s SO good. I made it for my sister a few weeks ago and she loved it. We ate it with homemade French fries in the air fryer – I mean best lunch ever, right?
Add steak, chicken, shrimp to bulk up the protein if you want, otherwise it’s awesome as is.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 bunch or bag of kale, removed from stems, washed and torn into pieces.
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry.
- garlic powder
- fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
- caesar dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the raosted chickpeas by draining, rinsing and patting dry. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tabelspoons olive and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roast for 15 minutes, stir around and roast for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place washed kale into a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablesooon olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Use your hands to massage the kale for about 1 minute until it softens up. Simple add the rest of the ingredinets - roasted chickpeas, parmesan cheese, hemp seeds and dressing. Toss and enjoy!