Are you ready for this buttery, cheesy, broccoli goodness?
This Lemon Garlic Ravioli and Broccoli Bake is really something. I mean REALLY something. It has just about everything you could ever want in a meal – pasta, cheese, a delicious sauce, a vegetable and a crunchy topping.
Well crap, people probably want meat in there meal. Shoot…well you could totally add Italian sausage or grilled chicken. YES, so this is really the foundation for the best meal ever.
Whew. That was a close one.
I am obsessed with this meal. Yes, it’s a MEAL. There is no need for a salad, bread or a side dish with this one. I am loving all things lemon right now, perhaps the word Spring is in the air or something, but whatever it is, lemon is making an appearance almost daily in my kitchen.
Things like lemon chicken and lemon cookies have been on the menu and we’ve been loving every second of it.
This recipe is no exception. This one has been made twice for dinner because it’s so darn good and because we love us some Rana Giovanni Ravioli (I have a freezer full of it). If you haven’t tried it, do it.
You could make this lemon garlic sauce and put it on just about anything. Over pasta (duh), chicken, fish and even steak. Even over some roasted vegetables with pasta…ok so loving the vegetable pasta idea. It’s a go-to sauce that’s flexible, classic and downright tasty.
I was in the mood for something comforting which is where this pasta bake came about. I wanted to switch up the traditional lemon garlic pasta so I used ravioli instead, added broccoli and of course a bread crumb topping which is just so enjoyable. I mean really…crunchy topping is what it’s all about.
Butter, too. That’s all I’m going to say about that.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest – just click the image below!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic (about 4 coves)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional if you like heat)
- zest from half a lemon
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1 very large or two regular lemons)
- 3 heads of broccoli (they usually come wrapped in three's), stems removed
- 10 ounce (if it's more, that's ok) package ravioli or tortellini (I used Rana Giovanni. Doesn't matter what flavor.)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs (wheat or white)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large of water to a boil. Once boiling, add ravioli and cook according to package directions. When there is about 1 minute and 30 seconds left, add broccoli. Drain and set aside.
- To make the lemon sauce, add butter and olive oil to an oven safe saute pan (you will be putting this pan in the oven later) and place over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a few minutes, stirring often to make sure garlic doesn't burn. Add pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Stir and turn off heat.
- Add ravioli, broccoli and parsley to the lemon sauce and stir until everything is well coated.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a bowl. Add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and stir. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta and broccoli then place under broiler for 5 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Lemon Garlic Sauce from: Ina Garten