I am back with another healthy recipe!
Except this one is for the kiddos! I am so excited to be partnering with Produce For Kids again today! I love partnering with this organization because they’re mission is incredibly important – educating families on the benefits of healthy eating and providing simple and healthy recipes for kids!
It doesn’t get any better than that. PFK does such a wonderful job of creating recipes that look appetizing and taste even better. These Mac n Cheese Muffins are just that – who wouldn’t want to sink their teeth into a cheesy muffin? These are made with whole wheat bread crumbs, whole wheat pasta, low-fat cheese and have veggies in them – I know, right? They look down right indulgent, but they are packed full of healthy ingredients to help keep your kids growing healthy and strong.
Are your kids back in school yet? If so, I’m assuming your family is trying to eat a little healthier given the new year? PFK has a ton of delicious healthy lunchbox ideas that you NEED to make for your family. Please visit their website to not only check out the amazing recipes, but to also sign up for the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge. The Power Your Lunchbox Pledge is a pledge to eat a healthier lunch and grab money-saving coupons (valued ay $2.50)! For every pledge taken, PFK partners will make a collective $1 donation to Feeding America® to provide 11 meals to families in need.
In August 2016, PFK had 21,674 families and classrooms pledge to eat a healthier lunch, helping them donate 238,414 meals to families in need through Feeding America!
The campaign runs January 4, 2017 – January 16, 2017 so hurry up and take the pledge for all the families and children in need of healthy meals! It costs you absolutely nothing, just a minute of your time.
The proud sponsors of this campaign are:
Follow PFK’s Facebook page and Twitter to get updates on the progress of the campaign, receive healthy meal ideas and to educate yourself on healthy eating. Use #PowerYourLunchBox to help spread the word!
Teaching kids the importance of healthy eating is crucial. So, please! Educate yourself, take the pledge, and make healthy meals for your family so everyone can be happy, healthy and strong!
- ¾ medium sweet onion
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 4 Eat Smart® broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 box (14.5 oz.) whole wheat macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare macaroni according to the package directions; drain and set aside when done.
- Puree onion, carrots and broccoli in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix cheddar, mozzarella, egg, butter and olive oil in large bowl. Add cooked macaroni, vegetable puree and ½ cup bread crumbs and stir.
- Spoon mixture evenly into greased muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on top and bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Enjoy!