How was your weekend?
I made this pudding on Saturday and I don’t even know where to begin. You need to make it, like now. It’s SO easy, has limited ingredients, can be made the day before, it’s somewhat healthy, and it tastes AMAZING.
I love pudding, but truly haven’t thought about making it for dessert. My mind often thinks about cookies, cupcakes, ice cream, brownies, ya know the staple dessert stuff. I love it all, that’s my problem. I usually don’t care what the heck I’m eating as long as it’s sweet. I’m telling you though…pudding is going to my thang moving forward. Oreo pudding anyone?
Back to the weekend…hope you had a good one! If you follow me on INSTAGRAM, you will notice that I spent part of my weekend at a restaurant called Quartino. It’s an Italian restaurant that serves small plates (LOVE small plates because then I can eat EVERYTHING). Just go there. Like now. If you don’t have plans next weekend, make Nutella Pudding and go to Quartino. You can thank me later.
So this Nutella Pudding is a great dessert for just two or for guests. Like I said it’s simple, can be made the day before, and it’s a healthier option. First it’s made with Nutella, need I say more? I used 2% milk because I wanted just a liiiittle bit of fat to make it a liiitle creamier. Go ahead and use skim or 1% if you want. Some day I will make it whole milk and then life will be reeeeeeaaallly good.
I whipped up some whipped cream, but store-bought would also work – whatever makes you whip up this pudding faster. Ok, I’ll stop. 😉
This recipe makes enough for four. Vin and I enjoyed two of them last night and will be enjoying two more tonight.
What will you be having for dessert?
Don’t forget you can save your favorite Stuck on Sweet recipes to your ZipList personal recipe box by clicking on the button on all my recipes!
- 2½ cups milk, divided (I used 2%)
- 1 cup Nutella
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix ½ cup milk and the cornstarch until no lumps remain, set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, add 2 cups milk, salt, and Nutella. Stir with a whisk until the Nutella has melted. Add the milk/cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, while occasionally whisking then turn to simmer and whisk for 1 minute until thickened.
- Pour into cups and cool completely in the refrigerator.
- To make the whipped cream, chill the bowl of a stand alone mixer and whisk attachment in freezer for 10 minutes. Add heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla to the bowl and whisk on high-speed until medium peaks start to form (about 1-2 minutes). Careful not to over-whip - if it forms quickly, turn mixer to medium speed.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to each pudding cup and enjoy!
Source: Stuck on Sweet