Mini peanut butter cups.
My good friend, Laurie, told me about this recipe and I believe her exact words were “I seriously ate like 5 of them.” Sold. She was definitely right – but I ate all of them. 😉
Here’s your line up of ingredients – pretty darn simple.
I know you’re eyeing the mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups. They are not only cute, but delicious! They are perfect for this mini dessert and for fulfilling your sweet craving without eating a whole regular size peanut butter cup. I got these cuties at Trader Joe’s and plan on making them a baking staple in my pantry.
Ok back to the recipe. To make the brownies dump the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil into a large bowl and stir until combined. Try not to dip your finger in the batter…good luck with that.
Spray your mini cupcake pan with non-stick spray and fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full. Another quick shout out to my friend Lo Lo…she gave me this mini muffin pan for my birthday – she is the sweetest!
Finally, bake the little minis for about 13-15 minutes, just until the top is set. Let them cool and if the center of them don’t fall, make a little hole in the center with the back of spoon. Fill the center with peanut butter and mini peanut butter cups. You will end up with these cutie pies!
And yes…you will need a glass of milk with these. Enjoy!
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- Trader Joe's mini peanut butter cups OR peanut butter cup chips and semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups.
- Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups (about 1 heaping teaspoon).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet.
- After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir. While brownies are still warm spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan.
Recipe adapted from www.bakedperfection.com